Country Mouse

/ Thursday 28 June 2012 /

Last night I experienced something new: I went to Joann's Fabrics. We don't have it in Canada, but every American blogger I read talks about Joann's (usually disparagingly), so I was interested to see what we have been missing. I'm in Munster, Indiana at a training course this week, and I saw it on the way back from dinner last night. We got there at 8:40 and it closes at 9, so I knew I couldn't get in too much trouble. I did check on my phone to see if I could find a coupon on the internet for 40% off, but no such luck. But here is my haul: I'm very happy with it. I thought I'd never get any of this DS fabric since it's the Joann's-only line, and this book has been on my must-buy list. Goodness, it's a huge place, isn't it? I certainly did feel like the Country Mouse, looking around at everything there. I can see how the 40% coupon would be a huge enticement to stock up on staples. And how nice it would be to be able to just drive out and pick up the tools and notions you need instead of having to order absolutely everything online, like I generally have to do. The fabric itself, however, was of limited appeal, which is what I expected, given what everyone seems to say. Nevertheless, I am happy that I had the chance to see how the other half lives, and to score a few goodies!

4 comments:

{ Lucky Duck Dreams } on: 28 June 2012 at 08:21 said...

FYI add the Joanns app and subscribe to their texts and you get instant coupons. Also if you are a teacher sign up for their teacher discount 15% on top of sales even. They have a website and often have free shipping too.

{ Holly } on: 28 June 2012 at 12:13 said...

Thanks for that report! I've never been to a Joanns (I live in Vancouver) and think they'd be a fun place to visit!

{ Pokey } on: 29 June 2012 at 11:45 said...

You take good with bad, I think. Not much tops their coupons, though. I buy most of my thread, notions, books, etc there, and I love my Ott light that I purchased online. Glad you were able to go and get some fun finds ~
:-}pokey

{ Sarah Craig } on: 2 July 2012 at 00:38 said...

Their fabric is improving in quality, slowly but surely. Our Joanns around here (middle TN) has lots of quilting cottons, and about a third of their stock is higher quality fabric, priced around $10 per yard. They also carry Alexander Henry prints a lot of the time! And you really can't beat their coupons!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger