Take It Away

/ Tuesday 27 July 2010 /

Allow me to brag on my husband for a moment.  This past weekend was our local dragonboat festival, which always features several breast cancer survivor teams and a pink carnation remembrance ceremony.  If you watch the video above, you'll see the song that my husband wrote for our local breast cancer survivors' organization.  The song was adapted from a poem by the lady in the wheelchair, a breast cancer survivor who now has ALS.  That's my husband, singing and playing guitar.  I'm very proud of him.  Don't forget your mammograms, ladies.

3 comments:

{ Dee } on: 27 July 2010 at 19:09 said...

Oy, that was awesome! Thank you for that! My mom has terminal ovarian cancer and we all need to remember to take care of ourselves to be there for those we love and who love us!

Awesome, I tell ya!

Anonymous on: 28 July 2010 at 22:57 said...

Great video! thanks to your husband for the music!

{ Claudia } on: 2 August 2010 at 11:40 said...

Your husband did a wonderful job with the song, Lesly. What a great cause. My husband also composes music, it's his passion really.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger