St. George's Day

/ Thursday 22 April 2010 /



No quilting pictures for this post, y'all.  I'm in Nashville for a conference on special education.  I didn't bring my camera because I planned to be in sessions most days and didn't think I'd be doing much touring.  Who knew I needed my camera for the hotel itself!  I'm staying at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel; at 2,800 rooms, it is the largest non-gaming hotel in North America.  Go check out the link above and remember that everything you see in this little video is all inside the hotel - waterfalls, boats, palm trees, gazebos, it's all inside.  Wow!  
Knight's Training
No post is complete, however, without a photo of some kind.  So, in honour of St. George's Day tomorrow, I am posting this snap of a young knight on a training run.  This time last year, I was in the UK, visiting my friend Clare, and we took a day trip to Battle, East Sussex (site of the Battle of Hastings).  We came upon a kind of medieval fair with re-enactors who were jousting, cooking over fires and drinking mead with great enthusiasm.  Speaking of Clare, she and Nigel are to be married on Saturday.  Cheers, Clare! Wishing you both a long and happy life together!
My daughter is home safe from her trip to Poland and Israel - thanks for all your kind wishes as we waited in suspense about the volcano's effects on her return.  

3 comments:

{ Victoria Findlay Wolfe } on: 22 April 2010 at 20:50 said...

enjoy TN! love that photo! what a great moment!

{ Dee } on: 23 April 2010 at 13:16 said...

Be safe, be happy, be strong and stay courageous as a mom!

(because even knights-and children-in training need their mommies!)

{ Allyson } on: 24 April 2010 at 00:37 said...

Whoa. That hotel is AMAZING. Wow.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger