Some quick updates

/ Thursday 4 March 2010 /

Beauty!, originally uploaded by Shadrach Meshach & Abednego.
I have no quilting photos to share at the moment, but every blogpost needs a picture, right?  So I thought you might like to see this beautiful mermaid, which I snapped before our whale-watching trip in Witless Bay, Newfoundland last June (no whales spotted, but lots of puffins, which are ADORABLE!). Also of note is the iceberg over her right shoulder. If you click through to Flickr, you can see some closer shots of that chunk of ice. It was pretty impressive!


So, three quick updates:
(1) Last night I finished all the blocks for Paprika, that amazing red and black quilt, and - with the blessing - will be putting it together tonight, so that I FINALLY have something to post for Show-n-Tell Friday. So stay tuned!


(2) Tonight, my LQS is opening after hours for a sale in honour of the Canadian medal success in the Olympics. We won 26 medals overall, so everything is 26% off for 2.5 hours. I'll be there with bells on! And a list!


(3) My recent experiment involving the cessation of coffee consumption after noon has been a resounding success. Of course, correlation is not causation, but I have been sleeping like a baby ever since I took the pledge, as it were. In general, it was not as hard as I would have anticipated to go without caffeine in the afternoon, but there are the odd times that I have the desperate craving. Funnily enough, online fabric shopping makes it go away. Another case of the cure being worse than the illness? Methinks yes!

4 comments:

{ Dee } on: 4 March 2010 at 11:59 said...

You've seen an iceberg in real life! How awesome is that! We're such nature freaks here! LOL

Glad the Canadians won (not partial here and not really an Olympics watcher, we we can still be friends!) and that your LQS is celebrating sew sweetly!

Can't wait to see quilting pictures!

{ Suzanna } on: 4 March 2010 at 15:38 said...

Oh, I have LQS envy! Although there are 5 LQSes within 25 minutes of my house, it'll be a long while before one becomes my second home.

Happy shopping!

{ Unknown } on: 4 March 2010 at 20:42 said...

That is one neat iceberg over her shoulder. I must say that if you must give up something, a good substitute for it is online shopping for sure. It always makes me feel good. I can't wait to see paprika.

{ wishes, true and kind } on: 5 March 2010 at 00:53 said...

Online fabric shopping cures all sorts of ills -- I have found :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger